Bronze Bust Sculpture of Smiling Man by Dora Bassi 1970
Antique Italian untitled bronze sculpture of a smiling man, with mocking look wearing a bowtie, signed and dated on the back coat collar BASSI, 1970, by the Italian artist Dora Bassi (1921-2007), a sculptor and painter of Friuli, the protagonist of the main artistic movements of the Second World War.
The half-bust elegant male figure has a beautiful dark patina and is mounted on a black marble cube. The work comes from a Milanese private collection and is in very good condition.
The artist DORA BASSI (1921-2007), a sculptress and painter from Friuli, was the protagonist and witness of the main artistic movements of the post-war period. She was enrolled at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence (1939) and in Venice (1941-1944) under the guidance of Felice Carena and Giuseppe Cesetti. She learned the Italian twentieth century lesson and the plastic-constructive function of color. In the immediate post-war period she joined the Neorealism, born from a rib of the former Front of the Arts and then to the group ‘Number’ of Florence that collects the greatest exponents of abstractionism. In the sixties he opened a studio-workshop in Udine to make sculptures and bas-reliefs in terracotta, later in bronze, iron, steel for various public and private clients.
Teacher of sculpture at the Academy of Brera (1971-1991) participates in experimental programs for the renewal of teaching. Along with her constant artistic production and exhibition activity in Italy and abroad, Dora Bassi also collaborates with an intense work of study and research on contemporary art. She writes for magazines and catalogs, and is dedicated to enhancing figures of little-known artists in Italy such as Charlotte Salomon, Leonor Fini, Leonora Carrington, Remedios Vaaro, Georgia O’Keffe, Jenny Holzer. Presiding until 1991 the DARS group (Donna Arte Ricerca e Sperimentazione). Since the eighties his stylistic code contaminates painting and sculpture, finally arriving at a painting of great technical refinement. She died in Udine in 2007.
H 54 cm
W 28 cm
D 16 cm.
height: 54 cm
width: 28 cm
depth: 16 cm
With a beautiful brown patina, this casting bronze figure comes from a private house of Milan, it is in perfect condition and dates back to early 20th century.
Giuseppe Bianchi cast bronze sculpture depicting a group of three female figures wrapped around a square pillar, three naked women holding up a torch, a flame or something similar. One of the figure holds the wheel of a cart.
This bronze sculpture expression of Italian Symbolist currents of the 1920s. is signed on the base G.Bianchi (Como 1864 - 1944) rests on a square marble base and has a beautiful dark patina, in good condition.
The modeling looseness of this composition, the deforming line of the three female figures, almost untied by anatomical reality, but of strong emotional and spiritual impact, are characteristics that place the sculpture in the second decade of the twentieth century, to the symbolist currents of the 1920s. Bianchi Giuseppe (Como 1864 - 1944) took part in the National Exhibition in Brera in 1922 with "Care Rimembranze" a marble sculpture. Some of his works are also present in the Art Collections of the Ospedale Maggiore in Milan.
Measures: Height 50 cm Width 19 cm Depth 19 cm.
A bronze casting child figure of a lovely little girl with a doll in her arms, entitled BAMBOLE, meaning DOLLS, standing on a rectangular green marble basement and dating back to the fascist-era, before the II world war, to 1938 circa. This antique bronze sculpture, signed on the back side R. Zacchetti, by the Italian artist Renzo Zacchetti, shows the Italian title BAMBOLE, engraved on the lower front. With a beautiful brown patina, this casting figure comes from a private house of Milan, it is in perfect condition, except the minor loss, the small missing edge of the frontal corner marble base.
Renzo Zacchetti exhibited at the Palazzo Permanente in Milan, during Fascism period, since 1936, attended the Milan's exhibitions organized by the Sindacato Interprovinciale Fascista delle Belle Arti di Milano and continues the exhibition activities with the reopening of the Permanente Palace, from 1953 to 1972, mainly to social exhibitions and biennials.